RE-ADMISSIONS & NEW APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 UPDATE:
Parents of current learners who wish to reserve their place at Midrand Primary school in 2020 are required to submit their re-application forms no later than 24 May 2019 by 2pm. Kindly ensure that you conclude your application as soon as possible to avoid losing your child’s place. The admissions period for NEW learners (Grade 2-7) has commenced on 13 May 2019 and will conclude on Monday, 15 July 2019. Grade 1 and 8 online applications will commence on 20 May 2019 and will end on 22 July 2019 at 24:00. (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za)
JUNE EXAMINATIONS 2019: GRADE 4-7
The examinations are upon us! Learners are instructed to ensure that they thoroughly prepare themselves for the June examinations which will commence on 20 May 2019. All classwork books must be updated. Parents are advised to strictly monitor their child’s study timetable. Learners must note that excellent results are achieved when enough time is spent studying. We wish our learners all the best for their examinations. Refer below:
|Date||Day||Grade 4||Grade 5||Grade 6||Grade 7|
|20 May 2019||Monday||–||–||–||Creative Arts|
|21 May 2019||Tuesday||English HL||English HL||English HL||English HL|
|22 May 2019||Wednesday||FAL: Afrikaans Zulu, Sepedi.||FAL: Afrikaans Zulu, Sepedi.||FAL: Afrikaans, Zulu, Sepedi||FAL: Afrikaans Zulu, Sepedi.|
|23 May 2019||Thursday||Life Skills||Life Skills||Life Skills||Mathematics|
|24 May 2019||Friday||Fantasia – NO EXAM||Fantasia – NO EXAM||Fantasia – NO EXAM||Fantasia – NO EXAM|
|27 May 2019||Monday||Mathematics||Mathematics||Mathematics||Natural science|
|28 May 2019||Tuesday||(SS) History||(SS) History||(SS) History
|29 May 2019||Wednesday||(SS) Geography||(SS) Geography||(SS) Geography||(SS) Geography|
|30 May 2019||Thursday||Natural science and tech||Natural science and tech||Natural science and tech||Technology|
|31 May 2019||Friday||–||–||–||EMS|
|03 June 2019||Monday||
Let’s have some fun in the sun before winter kicks in! The school will host the annual Fantasia event on 24 May 2019 at a cost of R60 per learner. Lessons will take place in the morning. Note that learners will not write examinations on the day. The fun activities will commence at 11h00 and end at 14h00. There will be food, cool drinks, sweets and tons of entertainment for everyone.
WINTER SPORTS FESTIVAL
Our annual Winter Sports Festival will be held on 01 June 2019 starting at 8am. The festival will cater for the following sport codes: Soccer, Netball & Chess. Parents are encouraged to support their children on the day. We wish our participants all the best as they continue to fly the school flag high.
PRETORIA EISTEDDFOD 2019 RESULTS THUS FAR
Dramatic Arts Items
- Lwandle Ngcobo Obtained an A+ with her monologue “Making up stories”, an A+ with Unprepared Story-telling and A++ for her Solo Verse Poem: “Fatherless Children”. She will be presenting her IsiZulu Verse today, 16 May 2019. We wish her well!
- Duologue by Lwandle Ngcobo and Qalo Likhesa Obtained an A+.
- The Choral Verse Group “Come With Us” performed by Ndivho Hlungwani, Ngwanatheko Nkopodi, Damela Mojapelo, Lwandle Ngcobo, Qalo Likhesa, Kuhlekonke Nzimande, Luniko Faye, Onam Sithole, Pfunzo Maiwashe and Zoe Brand were item winners with an A++ and this group was asked to perform during the Eisteddfod Awards Ceremony on Saturday, 17 May 2019.
- Drama in Action “At Last” obtained a B at Johannesburg Theatre.
- Reatlegile Mphake Obtained an A for her Solo Piano South African Composer and Obtained a B+ for Jazz. This learner also performed at Joburg Theatre and Obtained a B.
- Marimba Group Obtained a B at the Johannesburg Theatre.
Congratulations to all our amazing young performers and their coaches. We are really proud of the excellent work that you are doing in Arts & Music.
All parents are requested to ensure that their school fees account is up to date. School fees can be paid at the school’s finance office using debit or credit card or by direct deposit into the school’s bank account. No cash will be accepted. Please use the correct references when making deposits.
BANK: NEDBANK BRANCH: MIDRAND ACC. NO.: 1686 04 0075
CODE: 168642 TYPE: CURRENT REF: USE NAME, SURNAME & GRADE OF THE CHILD