1. REVISED DATE FOR THE RE-OPENING OF SCHOOL FOR GRADE 7 LEARNERS
The Minister of Basic Education has announced that school will be re-opened for Grade 7 learners on Monday, 8 June 2020. Screening will talk place from 7:00 until 7:45 at the Poplar Street entrance. Learners will be allocated a class and must proceed straight to their class. They must remain seated at their desk. Learners will then receive orientation on the Guidelines and Protocols to be followed in line with Covid-19 regulations. Thereafter, teaching and learning will take place. Our new school times are 7:45-14:00 (Monday-Friday). Transport arrangements should be taken care of in advance. Learners must be fetched immediately after school. Social distancing must be maintained at all times!
2. ONLINE WEEKLY ACTIVITIES VIA THE SCHOOL WEBSITE (SMS LINK)
Parents can access weekly activities as well as correction memorandums from our website by following this link: https://midrandprimary.co.za/weekly-activities/. Learners can view these activities and memorandums on a cell phone, tablet or computer. Some of these activities may need to be printed for Foundation Phase learners, where possible. For InterSen learners, most of the activities are textbook-related and should be done in learners’ books. There is no need to return the activities to school. Corrections will be uploaded each week. Learners should do corrections using a pencil.
3. COLLECTION OF ACTIVITIES FOR PARENTS WHO REGISTERED VIA EMAIL:
Parents who have registered via email for the collection of activities/memos for learners in Grades 1-6 can come to school on Monday, 8 June 2020 to collect activities for Week 2. Copies will only be made for parents who have collected activities for Week 1. However, we encourage parents to access these activities via the link above. Collection times: Foundation Phase (Grade 1-3) 8:30-9:30 & InterSen Phase (Grade 4-7) 9:30-10:30. Grade 7 material will not be available for collection as they will be at school from next week.
4. MPS COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES FOR THE RE-OPENING OF SCHOOL
- Learners are expected to be dropped off at the Poplar street entrance. This will be the entrance and exit point. The Karee street entrance will be locked. Parents must wait until their child has been screened and cleared to enter the school building. If the learner’s temperature is 38°C and above, the learner must return home with their parents and must seek medical attention. Learners should arrive at 7:00 for screening to take place. This will be done until 7:45
- NEW SCHOOL TIMES: 7:45 -14:00 (Monday-Friday). Learners must be fetched immediately after school. There will be NO aftercare or waiting class facilities until further notice.
MASKS: The GDE has issued two 3-ply washable cloth masks per learner. NO LEARNER MAY ENTER WITHOUT A MASK! Learners will be turned away if they do not have their masks.
- Whilst waiting outside school to be screened, learners and parents must ensure that they strictly adhere to the rule of Social Distancing which is maintaining at least 1.5 meters apart from others.
- UNIFORM PURCHASE: Parents of learners from Grade 1-3 can purchase uniforms at school by setting up an appointment with Letwin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Confidence (email@example.com) via email or via the school telephone (0113181021). Parents of learners from Grade 4-7 who wish to purchase uniforms can do so by paying electronically via EFT or direct deposit. The child can present the Proof of payment to staff at the uniform shop and they will receive their uniform.
- Comorbidities (Pre-existing health conditions): Upon returning to school, learners who have underlying health conditions will receive a form on comorbidities which must be completed by parents and returned to the class teacher.
- Learners who have flu-like symptoms or are unwell must stay at home.
- No morning line-up: Once learners are screened and permitted to enter the building, their hands will be sanitized and then they must go straight to their class and remain seated at their desks. If a learner needs to exit the classroom, they will either wash their hands or sanitize before re-entering the classroom. The desks will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Learners will not be allowed to share any stationery, textbooks or objects and will maintain social distancing at all times whilst at school. Parents must ensure that learners have all their essential stationery for school.
- The use of school lockers are suspended until further notice. Learners are to follow their timetable each day.
- The school tuckshop will be closed until further notice. Learners must bring their lunch from home. Learners must also bring their own water bottle.
- No visitors/parents will be allowed at school unless it is an emergency or a critical meeting is set-up by appointment by school management.
- Learners will not be allowed to bring soccer balls to school.
- There will be no PE lessons until further notice. These periods will be utilized as Covid-19 information sharing sessions.
- There will be no school assemblies, sports or extra-mural activities as well as day trips and overnight excursions. Parents who have already paid will be refunded.
- All competitions are suspended until further notice.
- School transport operators: Parents of learners who travel with transport operators are advised to ensure that these operators strictly adhere to the Covid-19 regulations such as social distancing, sanitizing/disinfecting and reinforcing the wearing of masks at all times.
- Masks given to learners must be washed thoroughly before re-using. Learners must avoid touching their masks or face at all times. They must not remove their masks at all until they get home.
- Re-teaching classes will now be from 14:00-14:30 on Monday (Humanities), Wednesday (Languages) and Thursday (Mathematics) for the affected learners. Transport arrangements should be made accordingly ahead of time.
5. SCHOOL FEES
All parents are requested to ensure that their school fees account is up to date. School fees can be paid at the school’s finance office using debit or credit card or by direct deposit into the school’s bank account. No cash will be accepted.
BANK: NEDBANK BRANCH: MIDRAND ACC. NO.: 1686 04 0075
CODE: 168642 TYPE: CURRENT REF: USE NAME, SURNAME & GRADE OF THE CHILD
Please use the correct references when making deposits.