Position: Senior IT Officer
Opportunity Type: Long term Contract
Start Date: TBA
Application Closing date: 27 May 2022
Midrand Primary School (MPS)is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Senior IT Officer. The Senior IT Officer will be primarily responsible to oversee and facilitate the IT functions at MPS. This position is responsible for day-to-day management of the IT environment, including the coordination and oversight of the school projects relating to/not limited to IT. The IT officer will coordinate the administration of information technology (IT) services for one or more designated areas of MPS. The IT Officer is responsible for leading IT projects efficiently and effectively and supporting the organisation’s users with MPS communication, IT infrastructure and applications.
This involves installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training, operations of IT activities and support. The Senior IT Officer will and work closely with the different stakeholders including the school principal to ensure properly functioning ICT.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of the implementation and operation of information and functional systems for MPS, including software applications, network, phone systems and end-user computers
- Manage multiple cloud based, hosted systems
- Manage communications and working relationships between IT and other departments at MPS as well as multiple outside IT service providers
- Provide help desk and technical services assistance to on-site and remote employees
- Provide technical support for MPS external communication strategy via website support and maintenance and maintaining MPS image identity standards
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate policies and procedures for all areas of information technology to assure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance; assure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Implement, maintain, and ensure maximum uptime for telephone and audio-visual systems
- Ensure security of information technology assets, data, network access, and backup systems and supervise agreed audits to verify the security of internal and external systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational growth
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and maintain an IT roadmap
- Work with the MPS principal and bursar to manage annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Develop requirements, outlines, budgets, and schedules for information technology projects
- Oversee all phases of projects from conception to completion
- Serve as the technical lead for system implementation projects
- Bring consistency to project execution and life cycle management of systems
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience in IT
- At minimum, the candidate should have an IT diploma in Information Technology /Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Preferably Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA, MCP or related) and ITIL Foundations
- Experience with the following systems SASPAC, SASAMS, other learning/teaching tools
- Computer Operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system or production control environment preferred.
- Technical Relevant desktop support experience with a strong knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 and MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- In depth and up to date knowledge of relevant hardware, software, and latest IT trends
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Aplications should be sent to : Letwin@midrandprimary.co.za